Ski & Snowboard Club Vail (SSCV) is offering early season training beginning on Monday, November 10, 2017 until Friday, December 8, 2017.
Training lanes are on the Golden Peak Race arena at the base of Vail Mountain serviced by Chair #6, the Riva Bahn Express to the mid-way off-load. The Vail trail map is available here. Early season training is available on 329 vertical meters of varied terrain including FIS homologated courses for Slalom and Giant Slalom.
Snow will be prepared to the hardest “race ready” surface possible. Injected lanes are offered for SL and GS as requested. The training arena is lined with a single layer of B-Net and multiple layers where requested and installed by coaches. Training lane layout may be found on-line at: http://lanes.skiclubvail.org/ (Use the calendar feature to navigate to November 1, 2017) Additional lanes known as “Main West” parallel the Main Arena offering similar terrain and will be available as soon as snow making weather permits.
- SL/GS/SG Lane Details
Lane Training Time-Slots:
- Four 2.5 hour training slots will be available
- Coaches will be allowed to load 15 minutes prior to training slot
- Training must conclude so course setting can begin ONLY at 9:00AM, 11:30AM and 2:00PM
- All teams must make 1 slip run after training
- Available on any single lane: Boo-Boo, Afterthought, New Cut or Main West.
- Premium SL training is available as a Main Arena or Main West lane and by combining 2 lanes at an additional charge
- The injected lanes are Premium Lanes
- Approximate number of SL gates which can be set:
- Afterthought: 35
- New Cut: 35
- Main West Regular Lane: 35
- Main Arena Premium Lane: 45 (injected)
- Main West Premium Lane: 55 (injected)
- Available on Main Arena, Main West or by combining 2 lanes
- Premium GS training is available by combining 3 lanes at an additional charge
- Approximate number of GS gates which can be set:
- Boo-Boo/Afterthought: 20
- Main Arena: 20
- Main West: 20
- Boo-Boo/Afterthought/New Cut Premium Lane: 30
- Main West Premium Lane: 30
- Available during 6:30-9:00am session
- Approximate length: Boo-Boo/Afterthought/NewCut/Main Arena - 50sec.
- A top to bottom access/egress lane will be preserved in each time-slot daily
- Boo-Boo (West)/Afterthought (West)/Main Arena (East)
- A skier lane will be created as soon as possible allowing access to the Main Arena lanes from the West so as to reduce free-skiing traffic on Afterthought
- Additional Main West lanes will be available as soon as snowmaking weather allows parallel and to the West of the existing Main Arena. Projected on November 15.
- Teams may free-ski for one session per day in addition to their scheduled training session when space is available during the Value Season.
- The 6:30-9:00AM training session may not have a dedicated access lane).
- Lane Reservations
- Nightly meetings will be held ½ hour following the final training session of the day at SSCV to coordinate training for the following day
- Training requests:
- Teams returning from 2016 season: Guaranteed reservations will be accepted until May 31, 2017. Confirmations will be provided within 15 days or receipt of deposit.
- New Teams: Requests will be considered beginning June 1, 2017. Confirmation of reservation will be provided within 15 days of receipt of deposit
- Training requests must be accompanied by a $1000 non-refundable deposit.
- Refund Policy: Should Early Season Training not be available on Golden Peak due to lack of snow, visiting teams will receive a complete refund of any deposits received.
- Cancellation of training: Should any team feel the training is unsafe or the quality doesn’t meet their needs, training may be cancelled for the day without penalty.
- Training priority following SSCV programs will be as follows:
- U.S. Ski Team
- Other invited National Teams
- Other invited Teams
- By level of athletes
- By length of training stay
- By other factors to provide the best quality and safest possible environment
- Priority is given to teams who are utilizing SSCV Lodging partners
- Teams of compatible athletes will be scheduled in each training time slot
- Every effort will be made to provide a quality training experience to all guest teams
- Each training lane includes up to 10 athlete lift tickets along with unlimited complimentary coach and service lift tickets
- Teams using SSCV Lodging Partners will receive a 10% discount on all lane and ticket costs
- A limit of up to 10 additional racers will be allowed on any one lane for a max. of 20
- Unused lift tickets are non-transferable
- Lift tickets are valid for one training day
- Lift tickets are not valid on any other Vail Resorts lifts
- Gold Cards, Gold Medallions, Season’s Passes, Epic Passes, Colorado Cards or any other complementary or bulk lift tickets are not valid for early season training
Shared Lane Charges
- Individual athletes or small teams may share lanes. The cost of the lane will be split among all athletes by the lane manager.
- Minimum charge per athlete for shared lanes will be 10% of the lane cost.
- 10% Partner Discount will be applied to the final bill.
- **Please indicate “Shared Lanes” on the reservation when intending to share with other teams.**
For Guest Training with SSCV, please click here for more details
- Liability & Insurance
- Please click here to sign the release.
- Coaches: want a shareable link? Send your athletes this link: https://www.smartwaiver.com/v/sscvwaiver/
- It is the responsibility of the Team Leader to insure that all adult participants; athletes, coaches, servicemen, press, medical, etc. execute the combined, online Vail Resorts and Ski & Snowboard Club Vail releases. All minors must have releases signed by parents or LEGAL guardians. Executed releases must be returned by Team Leader prior to access to the training venue.
- Check if you/your team’s release(s) are filed by clicking here.
- The only requirement is that BOTH Ski & Snowboard Club Vail AND Vail Resorts are listed
Safety on the Hill
- Team Captains are responsible for insuring a safe and productive training environment on the hill for all teams. SAFETY FIRST.
- “Start Stop” must be placed on all adjacent starts when slipping of courses is to take place.
- Technicians with equipment may not descend the course while training is in process.
- Lodging Partners
- Lodging partnerships have been created to meet the needs of our visiting teams. Teams staying with our Lodging Partners receive a 10% discount on all training lanes and lift tickets. Informational flyers for each of our partner properties follow. Please contact your lodging partner of choice to make your arrangements for accommodations and tell them you are training with Ski & Snowboard Club Vail.
- Conditioning Facilities
- $1000 non-refundable deposit accompanied with the training request.
- Billing account set up with SSCV CFO Tiffany Hoversten firstname.lastname@example.org; 970-790-5127
- Waivers signed for each person setting foot on the venue (https://www.smartwaiver.com/v/sscvwaiver/)
- Please read ALL of our policies above.
- Attend the Team Captain’s Meeting the night prior to your first day of training (and every meeting thereafter)
- Check SSCV’s Gold Peak Facebook Page for updates.
- Check SSCV’s Lane Scheduler for lane assignments
- Checkout and pay with SSCV CFO Tiffany Hoversten: email@example.com; 970-790-5127