This team is for athletes, year of birth 2004-2005, who want to participate in an aggressive racing program and are able to train Friday afternoons and Sat., Sun. all day throughout the season. The program is designed to build racing skills through a well planned training progression including a combination of fundamental drill work, games, gate training, race simulation, aggressive free skiing on Vail and Beaver Creek Mountains and racing. Gate training/racing will comprise about 55% of their time with us. U14’s will race in the Rocky Mt. Division Age Class Open series with kids from other teams in Colorado and New Mexico, the Sync “scored” races and out-of-division races if qualified and/or appropriate as determined by staff or established objective criteria. Athletes have the opportunity compete in the U14 Rocky/Central Regional Championships through the RMD qualifying system..
Athletes will be integrated into the full time team groups targeting an 8:1 athlete:coach ratio. On snow training will begin on Vail’s opening day, Friday, November 17. Informational meetings will be conducted prior to the first meeting day for parents to meet staff, learn the training and race calendar, and understand details of their child’s program.
A USSA U14 membership will be required for U14’s to race in Age Class Opens and/or SYNC “scored” races.
- Program Dates: The first Friday of Vail Mountain operations (~Nov. 17) - April 15, 2018
- Note: Depending on available terrain, training may be available before start date and after end date for a nominal fee.
- Ski Days: 3x/week; Friday afternoons + Saturday & Sunday all day
- Holiday Ski Days:
- Thanksgiving school break: Nov. 21, 22, 25, 26, 27. Note daily training times dependent on training space availability
- Christmas/New Years school break: Dec. 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, (Jan. 1 and 2nd off), Jan. 3, 4, 5, 6, 7.
- Training and race schedules are planned ahead of time, but may change slightly due to weather and other considerations. The U12 Part Time Google calendar will be posted and parents/athletes will be updated via email communication
- Group training/skiing on Vail Mountain may be restricted to the Golden Peak Competition Arena early season until a substantial portion of the “front side” of Vail Mountain opens to the public. As a result, meeting times for Alpine Programs may be adjusted to afternoons only during this period.
Conditioning: Optional. 3x/week There will be some weekend activities until skiing starts. Dryland training will be after school beginning Aug. 28, 2017
Conducted by U14 staff.
- Video: 1x/week minimum. Please see alpine video policy for additional details.
- Goal Setting: by 12/15. Parents are encouraged to participate.
- Mid Season: 1/31 (written + meeting with parents and athlete)
- End of Season: 4/30 (written + meeting with parents and athlete)
- Sports Med: Injury assessment only
- Tune Shop Support: Available as an additional option (not included in program fees)
- Typical Training Day:
- 7:45 drop off
- 8:15 Team meeting in SSCV back yard
- 8:30 to the lift
- 8:30-11:30 directed free ski and/or free ski to build fun/passion and gain mileage in groups -or- gate training
- 11:30-12:15 lunch at SSCV
- 12:30 - 3:30 directed free ski and/or free ski to build fun/passion and gain mileage in groups -or- gate training
- 3:30 - 4:00 additional activity (conditioning, video, goal setting, chalk talk, etc)
Other Important Dates:
- September 10, 2017: Fall Spectacular/Equipment Ordering Session, 10am @VSSA
- October 20-22, 2017: Ski Swap at Dobson Ice Arena
- October 21: Parent Meeting 1 @ Vail Library Community Room
- November 18: Parent Meeting 2 @ SSCV Clubhouse
- Please plan on attending Parent Meeting 1 OR 2
- April 6: U12 Team End of Season Celebration @ SSCV
Drop-Off & Pick-Up:
- Note: Our drop off and pick up times are staggered by program and designed to alleviate traffic congestion while maximizing age appropriate contact time. Please adhere to the drop off and pick up policies and times. If you prefer to escort your child to meet his/her coach, please plan to park elsewhere. There is no parking at SSCV.
- Drop off times:
- Weekends and all-day holiday days: 7:45 am
- Fri. afternoons: 12pm
- Pick up times:
- Weekends and all-day holiday days: 4 pm
- Fri. afternoons: 4pm
- Non-Resident Fee: $6,800
- Colorado Resident Fee: $5,950
- Plus $100 Membership Fee
- Please see Terms & Conditions for more Information on pricing
- 5% Early Enrollment Discount: August 15, 2017 (Payment in Full)
- To inquire about available financial aid awards, please click here
Volunteer Point Requirement: if paying the CO Resident Fee, you are required to complete the following volunteer points:
- 100 points
- **If your family has more than one athlete, your points will be that of the athlete with the higher balance**
- You can opt out of your volunteer point requirement by paying the non-resident price -or- by joining SSCV’s Leadership Council at the Silver Level. See here for details.
To sign up:
1. Login/sign up for your ‘mySSCV’ account
2. Select ‘Athlete Application’
3. Select season: 2018
4. Select your child and click “Begin Application”
5. On page 1 of application:
- a. Scroll down to “Alpine”
- b. Click “Show Programs”
- c. Select name of program (above)
6. Complete rest of application